POSITION: Database Analyst
LOCATION: Las Vegas
SALARY GRADE: 17
REPORTS TO: Senior Project Manager
Job Description: Why you and why us?
Williams-Sonoma Inc.’s Merchandising organization is the sales and profit driver of our company. The Pottery Barn upholstery merchandising team manages one of the largest, fastest growing divisions in the brand. We are dedicated to delivering our retail, online and mail-order customers great quality custom upholstered furniture across the country. We own and operate a growing manufacturing base right here in the United States, proudly producing nearly all of the upholstered furniture sold through our brands.
Job Duties: Your day to day
- Solve the problem efficiently: Quick with quality
- Make it personal: Take ownership
- Inspire customer loyalty: Give them a reason to come back
- Listen Carefully: Be attentive
- Empathize and show effort: Because we care
Using MS SQL, Excel and Retail Systems, you will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the database including creating, updating, and manipulating database records. You will work with several cross-functional partners (internal/ external) and play a key role in ensuring on-time completion of seasonal workload. Additionally, you will help re-design processes, develop controls and procedures, and measure operational improvement opportunities. Your work querying and reporting on data in the database will be critical to our cross-functional partners in making business decisions.
Essential Functions: The nuts and bolts
- You can make an impact! You are part of a team that manages one of our largest product lines
- · Develop a sense of ownership over the Upholstery Assortment and daily business
- · Work closely with our corporate partners to move the business forward
- · Enjoy solving puzzles and finding answers to the hard problems
- · Get you blood pumping by making data tell a compelling and accurate story
Qualifications: What you need to apply
- · Proficient in MS SQL
- · Advanced skill with Excel (complex formulas, simple macros, complex graphs, pivot tables)
- · Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- · A firm grasp of mathematics (algebra, basic statistics)
- · SSRS reporting experience preferred but not required
- You live and breathe MS SQL
- · You are an expert in Excel
- · You are a list maker and checking off boxes gives you extreme satisfaction
- · You are driven to ask “why” when you see something odd
- · Attention to detail is written in your genetic code
This is a Seasonal Full Time, exempt level position requiring a 40-hour schedule.
Must be available to work in the Las Vegas Care Center Monday – Friday, 6:00am – 6:00pm PST and schedule will be determined once offers are extended.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should complete the application through the internal job board. It is a requirement that any associate applying for this position be meeting or exceeding all essential functions, and may not have received any level of progressive counseling greater than a verbal warning within the past six months. Applicants must have the minimum required work experience for the position, as stated in the job posting.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET ALL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS