About the Team
The Replacement Taskforce fills a vital role in our company by driving reductions in returns and replacements to impact our bottom line while simultaneously ensuring the customer gets the best quality product possible. The Replacement Taskforce is made up of individuals with meticulous attention to detail, a desire to make an impact, and the willingness to step in and solve the problem when one arises. As part of the day to day operations, the team works closely with our corporate partners on the Inventory, Merchandising, Distribution, Sourcing, and QA teams to review returns and replacement data to find creative, cost-effective, data driven ways to improve merchandise quality and the overall customer experience.
About the Role
As the Manager of this department, you will be the catalyst that drives change throughout our organization. Additionally, you will be responsible for both leading a team of Data Specialists and managing the overall activities of the Replacement Taskforce including: reviewing and analyzing replacement data, strategizing plans to drive improvement, leading weekly meetings, managing action items, and tracking/reporting on progress of all initiatives related to this effort. Your days will be spent slicing, dicing, and visualizing replacement data, coordinating with corporate partners, preparing strategies for improvements and managing the workload of the team. You will be a leader who excels in bringing the right people together with the best information to troubleshoot even the most difficult of conundrums.
Job Duties: Your day to day
- Solve the problem efficiently: Quick with quality
- Make it personal: Take ownership
- Inspire customer loyalty: Give them a reason to come back
- Listen Carefully: Be attentive
- Emphasize our effort: Because we care
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- You can make an impact! You are part of a team that will directly influence how our products are produce, packaged and delivered
- Develop a sense of ownership over our Returns and Replacement reduction goals
- Work closely with our corporate partners to brainstorm resolutions and track initiatives
- Enjoy solving puzzles and finding answers to the hard problems
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We have a recognition program unlike any other
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
We're excited about you because...
- Interpreting data and presenting compelling visualizations is your bread and butter
- You have experience as a Project Manager
- You can run a meeting like a pro
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in any data driven field (STEM, Marketing, Economics, etc.)
- You are an expert in Excel
- You are a list maker and checking off boxes gives you extreme
- You are driven to ask “why” when you see something odd
- Attention to detail is written in your genetic code
Technical Competencies required:
- Advanced skill with Excel (complex formulas, simple macros, complex graphs, pivot tables)
- Familiarity with BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- A firm grasp of mathematics (algebra, basic statistics)
- 2+ years leadership experience
- 2+ years Project Management experience
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, Pottery Barn Teen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).