|Title:||Employee Relations Manager|
Associate Relations Manager
The Associate Relations Manager’s purpose is to promote positive, healthy and productive associate relations that foster company values, while serving as a first line resource in minimizing employment-related risks.
· Manages and develops the retail support hotline team (currently 3 direct reports)
· Allocates work and ensures service level agreements are met or exceeded
· Provides regular and constructive performance feedback and evaluations
Intake and Resolution
· Leads the centralized collection, investigation and resolution of associate and people manager issues
· Manages the retail support hotline team for the in-take of associate issues and complaints; resolves when appropriate and/or transfers the case to others for resolution
· Partners with HR colleagues to identify and implement interventions/solutions that promote a positive, healthy and productive work environment
· Utilizing a case management tool, monitors and report out on associate cases and resolutions
Analysis and Insights
· Analyzes information and data necessary to identify employee trends and root causes related to challenges with working environment, communication, manager relationships
· Proactively implements actions to promote positive work environment and mitigate risk of employment claims
· Leads the investigation and resolution of medium/high impact associate complaints and assists with gathering information for other investigations
· Advise direct reports regarding how to respond to associate issues such as harassment and discrimination complaints
· Recommends performance improvement policy and process changes
HR Team Member
· Collaborates with stakeholders on policies and communications that impact associates
· Assist with other Human Resource projects as needed
· Performs other related duties as assigned
Analytical and Problem-solving Skills
· Aptitude to collect and analyze data, determine insights for action and develop recommendations for enhancing policies and practices
· Ability to develop and articulate recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using sound judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations and the law
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Capacity to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations
· Ability to exercise absolute discretion and manage confidential information in a mature and professional manner
· Sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities in a demanding and fast-paced environment while meeting quick turnaround requirements
· Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable employment laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
· Thorough understanding of dispute resolution methods.
· Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Education and Experience:
· Four years of professional human resource administration, including two years in employee relations preferred OR its equivalent through training, education, and other experience.
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
· Employee Relations Certification strongly preferred.
· Experience as an HR generalist or Business Partner or prior Employee Relations experience required.