|Title:||Assistant Store Manager|
|Locations:||Palo Alto, CA|
Pottery Barn - Now hiring!
Assistant Store Manager
Primary Function: Support management team in achieving goals by providing World-Class service. Serve as a role model for building relationships with customers. Maintain presence through store supervision to ensure appropriate staff coverage in all areas of the store. Implement visual changes and maintain store standards.
What Benefits do you offer?
- 40% Discount on most merchandise!
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k program plus much more!
- Endless internal promotion opportunities
- Fun contests / rewards and recognition programs
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all visual aspects of the business including visual display, merchandising and floor set execution
- Own the business by identifying opportunities, developing and executing strategies and protect company assets
- Provide exceptional customer service in the store to achieve world-class service standards
- Reinforce customer service principles by coaching staff on their successes and challenges
- Attract, retain and develop top visual and display talent
- Create and ensure a positive environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity in accordance to with our People First Philosophy
- Be held accountable for the following brand competencies: operates with strategic agility, drives innovation and change, provides influential leadership, communicates effectively while building operational excellence
- 2-3 years of previous visual display and merchandising experience or management
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
- Superior critical thinking skills to creatively identify challenges and develop action plans in a timely manner
- Great time management skills and ability to execute priorities
- Ability to independently lead self and other to achieve results
- Must be able to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs, while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Employment/promotion to this role with be contingent on successful completion of a background check
- Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business. Casual associates must be available to work a minimum of two regularly scheduled shifts on the weekend (Friday, Saturday and / or Sunday) and one during the week (Monday-Thursday). Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December)
- Example: Weekend availability cannot fall on the same day, an associate must be available on two separate days (Friday and Saturday, Friday and Sunday or Saturday and Sunday). If preferred, an associate can also choose to have all three shifts of availability on the weekend (Friday to Sunday) and none during the week (Monday to Thursday)
Education: College degree preferred or equivalent job experience