|Title:||Human Resource Generalist|
Human Resource Generalist
Overview of this role
As the HR Generalist, you will be an ambassador for our brand. The position provides HR generalist support for west elm stores and also manages projects in support of the broader business. The HR Generalist will build collaborative partnerships with managers and associates by providing outstanding customer service and follow-through. This is a hands-on solution-oriented role that helps drive business results by ensuring our ability to attract, engage, and develop the best talent in retail. You will support, implement, and execute the brand’s talent strategy as well as the talent strategy for Williams-Sonoma, Inc., our parent company. This role reports to the Human Resources Director.
- HR Business Partner: Provide training and coaching to managers and associates on all aspects of performance, associate development, and policies and procedures interpretation. Consult with managers about promotions and other job changes, performance improvement plans, and leaves of absence. Conduct investigations as needed and ensure timely, responsible, and fair resolutions. Coach store management through performance counseling process and assist with the writing of documentation.
- HR Operations: Maintain organization charts and associate rosters. Ensure the accurate and timely processing of associate changes as part of the associate lifecycle. Schedule meetings and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Program Management: Provide project management for the major Talent/HR programs including succession planning, performance management, and recognition.
- HR Metrics: Track and analyze staffing, retention, turnover, exit interview data, and other information necessary to provide the insights for informed talent decisions.
- Associate Relations: Support positive associate relations through proactive and as necessary, reactive interventions with employees and management. When needed, conduct investigations confidentially and fairly including recommended actions. Partner with HR Specialist functions (records, staffing, compensation, training, etc.) in order to meet various objectives and facilitate resolution of employee issues.
- Compliance: Ensure adherence with all HR policies as well as all employment-related legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements. Champion behavior that is aligned with the code of conduct and respectful workplace expectations.
- Administrative: Create reports, analyze data, and make recommendations to HR Management on key issues and next steps for special projects, e.g. succession planning process, performance management tracking, and turnover reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Human Resources.
- PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of professional-level Human Resources experience, preferably in a retail organization.
- Working knowledge of fundamental HR practices, including employment law, compensation, hiring, performance management, coaching, and employee relations.
- Possess proficient technical abilities, including applicant tracking systems, excel, MS Office Suite, LinkedIn, HRIM.
- Ability to build strong work relationships.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver; self-directed; and collaborative.
- Must be able to achieve results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, while working with a large company.
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. We will create and nurture a global company culture where we confidently bring our authentic selves to work every day: where the only criteria for advancement are the quality of our work, the contributions we make to our teams and the business, and our ability to lead; and where our individual differences—whatever they may be—are valued, explored and appreciated.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial, and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series