|Locations:||Las Vegas, NV, US|
About the Team
Williams-Sonoma Inc.’s Merchandising organization is the sales and profit driver of our company. The Pottery Barn upholstery merchandising team manages one of the largest, fastest growing divisions in the brand. We are dedicated to delivering our retail, online and mail-order customers great quality custom upholstered furniture across the country. We own and operate a growing manufacturing base right here in the United States, proudly producing nearly all of the upholstered furniture sold through our brands.
About the Role
Using MS SQL, Excel and Retail Systems, you will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the database including creating, updating, and manipulating database records. You will work with several cross-functional partners (internal/ external) and play a key role in ensuring on-time completion of seasonal workload. Additionally, you will help re-design processes, develop controls and procedures, and measure operational improvement opportunities. Your work querying and reporting on data in the database will be critical to our cross-functional partners in making business decisions.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
· You can make an impact! You are part of a team that manages one of our largest product lines
· Develop a sense of ownership over the Upholstery Assortment and daily business
· Work closely with our corporate partners to move the business forward
· Enjoy solving puzzles and finding answers to the hard problems
· Get you blood pumping by making data tell a compelling and accurate story
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
· We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
· A technologically and data-driven business
· Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
· We’re at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
· We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
· We have a recognition program unlike any other
· A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
· We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
· We have fun!
We're excited about you because...
· You live and breathe MS SQL
· You are an expert in Excel
· You are a list maker and checking off boxes gives you extreme satisfaction
· You are driven to ask “why” when you see something odd
· Attention to detail is written in your genetic code
Technical Competencies required:
· Proficient in MS SQL
· Advanced skill with Excel (complex formulas, simple macros, complex graphs, pivot tables)
· Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· A firm grasp of mathematics (algebra, basic statistics)
· SSRS reporting experience preferred but not required
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, Pottery Barn Teen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).