|Title:||Design Studio Specialist|
|Locations:||Valley Fair, CA|
Pottery Barn - Now hiring!
Design Studio Specialist - FT and PT available
Valley Fair, CA
We hope you're interested in building a home with us. Even if you don't feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
About the Team
Our mission is to enhance the quality of our customers’ lives at home. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, every day. Our corporate values that guide our actions and decisions are our People First culture, customers, quality, shareholders, integrity, and corporate responsibility.
Overview of the Design Studio Specialist
You will inspire customers to express themselves in their home. You will drive sales by creating customized design plans that reflect the customer’s style and lifestyle. You will build a reputation of the Brand as a destination for approachable decorating expertise that helps customers build truly personal spaces.
• Utilize design expertise to assist clients in one-on-one consultations in the store and in-home regarding the design of their living spaces to drive store sales
• Perform productive in-home consultations including the ability to accurately measure and assess the client's living space
• Create and present design plans based on client's needs, style, preferences and living space
• Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions in order to achieve and exceed established sales and productivity goals
• Utilize exemplary world-class service standards assist customers with special services including: gift wrap, gift registry, locating merchandise, catalog/internet orders, special orders, back orders, charge sends, courier deliveries, and furniture orders
• Demonstrate superior product knowledge, including features and benefits of the entire design studio assortment
• Strong communication, clienteling and customer follow-up skills
• Ability to complete and coordinate complex large orders within a variety of sales channels
• Experience in working with the elements of design preferred
• Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• 1-2 years of customer service and retail sales experience, (specialty retail preferred, but not required)
• Must be able to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
• Employment/promotion to this role will be contingent on successful completion of a background check
• Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business. Part-Time Flex associates must be available to work a minimum of two regularly scheduled shifts on the weekend (Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday) and one during the week (Monday to Thursday). Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December) *Example: Weekend availability cannot fall on the same day; an associate must be available on two separate days (Friday and Saturday, Friday and Sunday or Saturday and Sunday). If preferred, an associate can also choose to have all three shifts of availability on the weekend (Friday to Sunday) and none during the week (Monday to Thursday)
Our Mission Around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. We will create and nurture a global company culture where we confidently bring our authentic selves to work every day: where the only criteria for advancement are the quality of our work, the contributions we make to our teams and the business, and our ability to lead; and where our individual differences—whatever they may be—are valued, explored and appreciated.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
• A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
• A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations and holidays
• Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
• A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
• Individual development plans and career pathing conversations
• Annual performance appraisals
• Cross-brand and cross-functional career opportunities
• Online learning opportunities through brand specific resources and WSI University
• Leadership development opportunities
WSI will not commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position at this time (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
San Francisco Locations: Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances