|Title:||Financial Analyst I|
|Locations:||Las Vegas, NV, US|
Financial Analyst I
At Williams-Sonoma Inc, we've witnessed some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - with that said, we are ready to bring aboard our next leader.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Financial Analyst I will support the Finance Manager (FM) and Director of Finance (DOF) in partnering with all levels of care center management to guide and facilitate the planning and analysis of business performance. He/she/they will provide financial expertise for forecasting, ad hoc analysis, budgeting, planning and month-end accounting.
- Support the FM and DOF in preparing and/or presenting the company’s financial budgets/forecasts based on appropriate financial guidance.
- Prepare and maintain the appropriate budget/forecast Excel templates for EssBase upload and analysis.
- Assist FM and DOF in the budgeting process and ensure timely delivery of annual budgets for executive approval.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to senior leaderships teams as requested by FM and DOF.
- Prepare routine and non-routine journal entries accurately.
- Assist with analysis and reporting of month-end financial to senior management.
- Work with finance management to provide financial support for new business developments.
- Assist with cross-company and cross-functional projects to identify new opportunities for improvement in forecast accuracy and process efficiency.
- Forecast and gauge market/industry trends and prepare summaries for executive review detailing forecast patterns and the company’s overall outlook.
- Finance, Accounting, or related degree
- 3+ years of accounting/finance experience
- Prior budget and forecasting experience at a corporate level
- General Ledger experience (accrual, adjusting journal entries and Balance Sheet Reconciliations)
- Experience with process improvement implementations
- Expert level Microsoft Excel capabilities or certification (look-ups, sumif, large spreadsheet management, etc.)
- Must be able to work with little supervision and training
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Advanced degree or certification
- Prior experience supporting call center operations
- Experience with Oracle, EssBase and/or SmartView accounting software
- Power BI experience
- Knowledge of large corporate accounting programs