|Title:||Data Analyst - Returns|
|Locations:||Las Vegas, NV, US|
Data Analyst - Returns
About the Team
The Returns/Replacement Data Team sits in the center of the action and is responsible for one of the most critical functions in our business: analyzing trends to reduce return/replacement cost thus maximizing business profitability. The Returns/Replacement Data Team is made up of individuals with meticulous attention to detail, a desire to make an impact, and the willingness to step in and solve the problem when one arises. As part of the day-to-day operations, the team works closely with our corporate partners, sourcing, quality assurance and supply chain teams to ensure that data is presented in the most accurate fashion possible.
About the Role
Using SQL, Power BI, and Excel, the Analyst is responsible for reporting and reviewing of all returns/replacements for Pottery Barn. Daily activities will range from finding root causes for system issues to preparing PowerPoint decks for presentation to corporate partners. The Analyst will move with ninja-like precision (through systems, kudos if you’re that agile!) while analyzing and troubleshooting any issue related to return reasons. You will be the team’s key problem solver who loves nothing more than cracking a good riddle and when something in the data seems inconsistent.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
· You can make an impact! You are part of a team that controls costs in one of our biggest cost buckets
· Develop a sense of ownership over the return channels
· Work closely with our corporate partners to move the business forward
· Enjoy solving puzzles and finding answers to the hard problems
· Get you blood pumping by making data tell a compelling and accurate story
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
· We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
· A technologically and data-driven business
· Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
· We’re at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
· We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
· We have a recognition program unlike any other
· A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
· We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
· We have fun!
We're excited about you because...
· You live and breathe SQL
· You are an expert in Excel
· You graduated with a degree in STEM, Economics, Supply Chain Management or something relatable
· E-commerce or Retail experience highly preferred
· You have previous experience in data quality, developing ad hoc reports, and presenting
· You have a logistics background or general understanding of supply chain and how it works
· You are a list maker and checking off boxes gives you extreme satisfaction
· You are driven to ask “why” when you see something odd
· Attention to detail is written in your genetic code
Technical Competencies required:
· Proficient in MS SQL
· Advanced skill with Excel (complex formulas, simple macros, complex graphs, pivot tables)
· Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· A firm grasp of mathematics (algebra, basic statistics)
· Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, Power BI)