|Title:||Junior Data Analyst|
|Locations:||Las Vegas, NV, US|
Junior Data Analyst
About the Team
The Returns/Replacement Data Team sits in the center of the action and is responsible for one of the most critical functions in our business: analyzing trends to reduce return/replacement cost thus maximizing business profitability. The Returns/Replacement Data Team is made up of individuals with meticulous attention to detail, a desire to make an impact, and the willingness to step in and solve the problem when one arises. As part of the day to day operations, the team works closely with our corporate partners, sourcing, quality assurance and supply chain teams to ensure that data is presented in the most accurate fashion possible.
About the Role
The Analyst is responsible for reporting and reviewing of all returns/replacements for Pottery Barn. Daily activities will range from finding root causes for system issues to reviewing product info accuracy on the website. The Analyst will move with ninja-like precision (through systems, kudos if you’re that agile!) while analyzing and troubleshooting any issue related to return reasons. You will be the team’s key problem solver who loves nothing more than cracking a good riddle and when something in the data seems inconsistent will feel compelled to find the culprit.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Be right in the action! You will love the fast pace and high stakes of maintaining the brand’s returns/replacement data.
- Develop a sense of ownership for our return channels.
- Work with a team of dedicated analysts.
- Learn about the retail business and how return/replacements can affect overall profitability.
- Enjoy solving puzzles and finding answers to the hard problems.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We have a recognition program unlike any other
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
We're excited about you because...
- You have previous experience in data quality, developing ad hoc reports, and presenting
- You have a logistics background or general understanding of supply chain and how it works
- You are an expert in Excel
- You have experience with order management systems
- You are a list maker and checking off boxes gives you extreme satisfaction
- You are driven to ask “why” when you see something odd
- Attention to detail is written in your genetic code
- You graduated with a degree in Economics, Statistics, Supply Chain Management or something relatable
Technical Competencies required:
- Advanced skill with Excel (complex formulas, simple macros, complex graphs).
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook, and SQL
- A firm grasp of mathematics (algebra, basic statistics)
- E-commerce or Retail experience highly preferred.
- Must have experience working with an Order Management System (ie Sterling, Netsuite etc.)
- This position will be in-center (Las Vegas)
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).