|Title:||Senior Manager - Learning and Development|
|Locations:||Las Vegas, NV, US|
Senior Manager - Learning and Development
About the Team
Here in the learning and development department, you’ll be managing the content and creation of our candidate experience. In this fast-paced environment, it’s crucial we adapt to the needs of the business as we constantly audit our progress and how it relates to the success of our learners. From a blend of e-learning to managing peak volume increase to developing material for both the care center and corporate teams, training is the backbone to how we keep our reputation with our customers and there’s a reason we’re one of the best in the retail sector.
About the Role (Summary)
Champion and manage the programming, administration and future programming of the Learning and Development dept in the Customer Care Center, including the new hire training, departmental training, Stores Training, Individual and Team Effectiveness and Leadership Academy. Building partnerships with technology, operations, HR and the field are crucial when it comes to the success of L&D. You are the ambassador of change.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Lead development of three-year training road map.
- Drive development and maintenance of cost-effective programs targeting critical business needs and issues.
- Manage training needs assessment and evaluation of ROI of training investments.
- Lead administration of the LMS, to include budgetary responsibility, registration for and scheduling of programming, and training facilities and materials.
- Manage team of direct reports to include trainers (regular and seasonal/temp), content development team, and knowledgebase administrators.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
We’re excited about you because... (Essential Functions and Experience)
- Degree in related discipline preferred.
- 10 years professional experience directing training programs, to include e-learning.
- Seasonal or large group training experience strongly preferred.
- Strong social skills and ability to sell training programs.
- Ability and willingness to work within an entrepreneurial, high growth environment.
Technical Competencies required (technical Skills):
- Advance skills in Microsoft Office Suite (ie – Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
- Articulate 360 experience as well as Docebo LMS software preferred
- Experience working with Adobe Connect and Zoom platforms preferred
- Must have familiarity with troubleshooting operating systems from Mac to PC etc.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard and operate a PC
- Ability to converse over a telephone
- Ability to transport materials or equipment or lifting, moving, carrying objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
- Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and décor industry. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here’s a look at what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
- Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Location specific sample sales
- A business casual work environment
- San Francisco based bike share program
- Time off to volunteer
- Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
- Company-sponsored community involvement
- Various discounts on local businesses
FOR NON-TECHNOLOGY OPENINGS:
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
INCLUDE ONLY IF ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RELOCATION ASSISTANCE:
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
FOR SF ONLY:
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.