Now hiring! Seasonal Data Specialist
About the Team
The Omni-Channel Data Team sits in the center of the action and is responsible for one of the most critical functions in our business: maintaining and reviewing product pricing, promotional pricing, and clearance markdowns. The Omni-Channel Data Team is made up of individuals with meticulous attention to detail, a desire to make an impact, and the willingness to step in and solve the problem when one arises. As part of the day to day operations, the team works closely with our corporate partners on the Inventory and Merchandising teams to ensure that pricing is accurate across all our sales channels: on our website, in our stores and in the catalogs.
About the Role
The Data Specialist is responsible for entering all pricing changes provided by the corporate Inventory teams into our sales systems. The ideal candidate will value accuracy above all else and live by the mantra "get it right the first time". A candidate in this position will notice when something in the data seems off or inconsistent and feel empowered to verify the data to maintain exceptional quality.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Be right in the action! You will love the fast pace and high stakes of maintaining the brand’s pricing.
- Develop a sense of ownership over your price maintenance activities and the process as a whole.
- Work with a team of dedicated Data Entry Specialists and analysts.
- Learn about the retail business, especially how pricing decisions are made.
- Maintain all retail and website pricing in our sales systems.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc...
- We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining shopping for the next generation
- We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
@We're excited about you because...
- You have previous experience in data entry and administration
- An "eye for detail" is a trademark skill
- Learning a new app is second nature
- You are a whiz in Excel
- You are a list maker and checking off boxes gives you extreme satisfaction
- You aren’t afraid to speak up when you see something odd
- You have experience in retail
Technical Competencies required...
- Intermediate skill with Excel (sort, filter, basic formulas, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- A firm grasp of basic mathematics (add, subtract, divide, percentages)
- Data entry speed of 8,000 keystrokes per hour with zero errors